With over 12 years of experience – ranging from junior developer to managing a large technology team – I bring a diverse set of skills to the table. I can help bootstrap new projects, grow and mentor a team of developers, or help in managing large projects.
Jan 2018 onwards
- Designed, developed and maintain the service
Developer, Tech Lead, CTO
Apr 2009 - Nov 2017
- talk.to - (renamed from chat.pw) Led development of the iOS app for around five years. Also built a TCP server side proxy using node.js.
- Ringo - low cost calling app. Led development of VoIP calling functionality in Ringo using pjsip.
- Flock - communication suite for teams. Led development of the iOS app and the flock app store, designed the API and the developer portal, conceptualized and managed product development for the github app among other things. Later served as the CTO of Flock.
- Developed a proprietary alternative to TLS meant to reduce the number of round-trips required for handshake. At that time, alternatives like QUIC (which later became TLS 1.3) were quite immature.
Developer, Tech Lead
Jul 2006 - Sep 2008
- Worked on the flight search and booking backend at Cleartrip, written in Common Lisp.
- Designed and documented the REST API for flights
I maintain a few open source projects on Github. A select few are listed below:
- chronicity – Natural language date and time parser in Common Lisp
- qbase64 – Fast and flexible base64 encoder/decoder in Common Lisp
- XCDataModelPrinter – Textual representation of xcdatamodel files used in Core Data (Cocoa framework). Used for viewing the diff between two different Core Data schemas.
I write about programming and technology. Some of the essays I’ve written are:
- Writing a natural language date and time parser
- Design, documentation and exporation of REST APIs
- Reader macros in Common Lisp
- Conditions and Restarts in Common Lisp
Electronics and Communication
2002 - 2006
- Thapar University, Patiala